Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Blitz - Beau & London Take Over - London Falling by T.A. Foster

 
Beau and London from T.A. Foster's London Falling are having a takeover. Check out the great interview with them, a great sale price on London Falling and some info on T.A. Foster's upcoming release, Kissing Eden!
 


It’s London’s senior year and she only needs one class to graduate. She just didn’t expect her final assignment: fall in love.
Communication 224 has a reputation for giving out the most unique projects of the semester. When London James and Beau Anderson signed up for the class they had no idea they would be paired up together, much less spend an entire semester working on their final grade.
Professor Garcia tasks them to produce a study on the hit reality show, Love Match, a show about strangers falling in love on over the top dates. London and Beau decide to debunk the popular show’s fantasy portrayal of romance. Determined they can date the entire semester and not fall for each other, the classmates share blogs about their dates and start a website where everyone can follow their dating experiment. Resisting their growing attraction for one another is harder than they thought.
London is in for the toughest class of her college career. The headstrong and success-driven student discovers there might be more important things in life than an A. 
 
Beau Anderson and London James, thank you so much for sitting down with us for an interview about your Communications 224 blog project. You are only a few weeks into the project and you already have quite the following on campus.
Beau, what do you think has made this joint blog so popular? 
BA: It’s got everything in it that students at Carolina like. We go to everyone’s favorite spots and then tell the real story. Plus, it probably didn’t hurt that I already had the bucket list blog.
LJ: I think what Beau is trying to say is that our blog represents experiences at Carolina that a lot of our fellow students can relate to.
You’ve already had three dates. What has been your favorite so far?
BA: Definitely the basketball game. Can you believe it was London’s first? I mean, who makes it to their senior year without going to a single game?
LJ: I’m very dedicated to the theater with rehearsals and shows I just don’t have time for extra stuff. But, yes, I agree with Beau. The basketball date was definitely fun. I think I’ll pass on anymore wall climbing.
BA: Yeah, London got her picture with Rameses. I think she’s a fan now.
LJ: I am. I hope we get to go to some more games.
Who decides what dates you go on after the Love Match episodes?
LJ: Beau has been really awesome with all the planning since my play opens this weekend. I’ve spent every spare minute rehearsing.
BA: Well, I just don’t want to take a chance we end up horseback riding with glasses of champagne in our hands. So far it’s worked out. How often can you say you get to go to the wine bar, margarita Thursday, rock climb, and cheer for your team all for a class project? It’s pretty awesome.
London, you’ve both been really vocal about how you think Love Match is a fake show. After the last three dates with Beau, any chance you might change your mind?
LJ: Uh—I—no, no we are sticking by our hypothesis. The dates are great and all, but if the feelings aren’t there you can’t force two people to fall in love. Love Match is clearly contrived.
Beau, anything to add?
BA: No, London is right. The show puts people in these ridiculous situations and expects them to instantly fall for each other. We know that’s not how it works. We have a great system for the project and it’s turning out to be a lot of fun.
You do realize that most people who read your blog are rooting for you two to end up together?
BA: I—I haven’t heard that. I think they’ll be disappointed. London and I know how this is going to work out. We watch the shows, we go on the dates, and then we share it with everyone. There’s nothing more to it than that.
LJ: Oh, that’s just people getting wrapped up in the romance of the TV show. It’s exactly what Beau and I are trying to dispel. All we are hoping to do is present a great project, and of course we want a grade that reflects that.
BA: Yep, London’s determined we’re going to get an A.
LJ: You don’t want an A?
BA: I’m just saying, the project’s fun. We don’t have to get an A.
One last question for you both. Because of the project, you are at the mercy of the Love Match dates, but if you could chose one date to create without the show’s influence what date would you plan for each other?
LJ: Wow, that’s a great question. Beau, you want to go first?
BA: Hmm…I’m sure I could think of something.
LJ: Well, you are the more adventurous one. You’d probably try to sneak me to the top of the bell tower or something.
BA: Hey, that’s not a bad idea. It could be awesome.
LJ: I was kidding. We are not doing that.
BA: Right, I know. You’re afraid of heights—I learned that lesson. Ok, if I got to choose my own date, a real date, I would probably take London to La Res for a French dinner and then to The Chelsea for one of those Indie films she likes.
LJ: Really? French food and an Indie film?
BA: I’d want you to have a good time. Let’s hear it. What would you plan for me?
LJ: Ok. If I planned a date for Beau it would have to be something really high energy. He likes to be on the go. You’ve probably read all of the things he has done so far on his bucket list.
BA: You are stalling, girl.
LJ: No, I’m not. I know exactly what I’d do. I’d sign us up for the dodgeball tournament next week at the campus rec and then go to Top of the Hill for some drinks and take in the Franklin Street view you like so much.
BA: You’d play dodgeball?
LJ: I have to show you I’m more coordinated than you think.
BA: Sounds like the perfect date to me. Let’s sign up for the tournament no matter what Love Match does.
Wow, for two people who aren’t really dating, you seem to know a lot about each other. I hope for everyone’s sake Love Match has some dates like that this season so we can read what happens. Good luck on your project and have fun on those dates.
 
Valentine's Day Special Deal!!!!! 
 
 

March 2014
Have you ever thought of taking a vacation alone? I mean step on a plane, check into your hotel, and lie on the beach completely and utterly alone. No? Me either, but then right before senior spring break I got dumped.

Something about break ups makes you do things you didn’t want to do, and try things you didn’t know you were capable of.

That’s how I ended up at the Palm Palace.

That’s how I met Grey.

That’s how my spring break turned into the most unforgettable week of my life.

Add On Goodreads

 
 
 
 

T.A. Foster is a Southern girl whose heart and spirit are connected to the beach. She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, two children and two canine kiddos.

Her long love affair with books started at an early age, and as soon as she was able, she transformed imaginative stories into words on paper. Time Spell is T.A.’s debut novel, and the first in a series about a very adventurous, clever, and magical girl named Ivy.

T.A. has an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a graduate degree in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University. When she’s not chasing her two-legged and four-legged children or trying to escape for date night, you can find her reading, writing or planning her next beach trip.
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment