Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Spotlight Read & Review - Cement Heart by Beth Ehemann


Today's spotlight read is Cement Heart by Beth Ehemann. If you're familiar with Beth's Cranberry Inn series, then you've met Viper. This is his book and what a book it is! 



Lawrence Finkle, known simply to his die-hard Minnesota Wild fans as Viper, isn’t used to hearing the word "no." He lives his whole life just a little on the reckless side. After all, life is just one big game, right? 

Wrong. 

When what was supposed to be an innocent bet goes horribly wrong, he’s left to deal with the aftermath—and the guilt. In an effort to make things right the best way he can, he ends up falling for the one person on the planet he never should have. 

The old saying goes that two wrongs don’t make a right . . . or do they?



When I get a new book by an author who is on my automatically buy list, I usually go in without knowing too much about it. I rarely read the synopsis, I don’t often read excerpts or teasers and I never read reviews before I read a book. All I knew about Cement Heart going in was that it was Viper’s book. Beth completely blew my mind. At first I wasn't sure where the story was going, but then it took a twist that I wasn't at all expecting! I sat there reading in disbelief as it played out. Cement Heart had me alternately laughing and crying. It’s definitely one emotional ride that will have you feeling all over the place. Viper’s story wasn't what I was expecting, but it ended up being so much more, if that makes any sense. I like when an author can surprise me in that way and Beth certainly did that. 




Beth Ehemann lives in the northern suburbs of Chicago with her husband and four children. When she's not sitting in front of her computer writing, or on Pinterest, she loves reading, photography, martinis and all things Chicago Cubs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment