Sunday, February 28, 2016

Review - Legend by Katy Evans


I really can't say enough about Legend. It's only February, but it is one of my favorite books I've read so far this year. Check out the details and my review and then run out and pick up Legend and the other books in the Real series today. 



Maverick “the Avenger” Cage wants to rise to the top and become a legend in the ring. Though he keeps his identity well guarded, he's known on the fighting circuit as the new kid with a chip on his shoulder and a tattoo on his back that marks him as trouble. He's got a personal score to settle with the Underground's one and only Remington "Riptide" Tate.
As Mav trains, he meets a young girl—the only other new person in the town--and sparks fly. When things get heated between them, he finds out she's none other than Reese Dumas, the cousin of Remington Tate’s wife. A girl who's supposed to root against him and a girl he's supposed to stay away from. 
But Maverick fights for the woman in his heart, and the monsters in his blood. The world’s eyes are on them and the victor will go down in history as the ultimate fighting champion; the ultimate LEGEND.

* LEGEND is the 6th and final installment of the REAL series, but it can also be read as standalone or after the three Remington and Brooke books (Real/Mine/Remy.)


IndieBound | Kobo | GooglePlay


Remy, Remy, Remy! Okay, now that I’ve gotten that out of the way. LOL When Katy first announced that she was going to be writing Legend, but hadn’t said who it was about, I totally thought it was going to be a book about Racer. I don’t know why, it’s just a thought that popped in to my head. When she released that the book was going to be about Maverick, I was intrigued. And I was not at all disappointed. Ever since I read REAL and met Remy, I didn’t think I could love any of Katy’s characters as much as him. Boy was I wrong. Maverick certainly gave him a run for the money and they are close to being tied in my book!
Legend is the perfect final book for the REAL series. Not only do we learn about the mysterious Maverick and his ties to the Underground, we also get to learn about Reese. She definitely surprised me! There were things about her that I wasn’t expecting when they were revealed. And being able to get a glimpse into Remy’s life with Brooke and Racer was just the icing on the cake.

Without going in to detail, because you want to learn these things on your own, Maverick will draw you in with his determination to get what he wants despite the road blocks in his way. There’s a lot to be said about never giving up on what you want! 







Hey! I’m Katy Evans and I love family, books, life, and love. I’m married with two children and three dogs and spend my time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of my family. Thank you for spending your time with me and picking up my story. I hope you had an amazing time with it, like I did. If you’d like to know more about books in progress, look me up on the Internet, I’d love to hear from you!

Email: authorkatyevans@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment