Thursday, December 25, 2014

12 Smart & Savvy Days of Christmas - Day 2 - Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas! I hope your day has been wonderful. For Day 2 I am featuring two of my favorite reads for the year, INSPIRE by Cora Carmack and WICKED by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I don't often read paranormal romance, but both of these ladies have me anticipating more from them in this genre.

Day 1 |Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Being a big fan of Cora Carmack, when she announced she was writing a Greek paranormal romance I knew I had to read it because I am a fan of Greek Mythology, so I was intrigued to see how she would use that within a romance. I was completely blown away by how much I loved INSPIRE. It is easily at the top of the list of my favorite reads for the year. (You can see my review here.) 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Buy On Amazon
Kalliope lives with one purpose. 

To inspire. 

As an immortal muse, she doesn’t have any other choice. It’s part of how she was made. Musicians, artists, actors—they use her to advance their art, and she uses them to survive. She moves from one artist to the next, never staying long enough to get attached. But all she wants is a different life— a normal one. She’s spent thousands of years living lie after lie, and now she’s ready for something real. 

Sweet, sexy, and steady, Wilder Bell feels more real than anything else in her long existence. And most importantly… he’s not an artist. He doesn’t want her for her ability. But she can’t turn off the way she influences people, not even to save a man she might love. Because in small doses, she can help make something beautiful, but her ability has just as much capacity to destroy as it does to create. The longer she stays, the more obsessed Wilder will become. It’s happened before, and it never turns out well for the mortal. 

Her presence may inspire genius. 

But it breeds madness, too. 



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


My second favorite paranormal read of the year is WICKED by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I was told I HAD to read this by a real good friend of mine who is a huge fan of Jennifer. I was a fan of Jennifer even without reading her books, so WICKED just made me even more of one. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Buy On Amazon
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans. 

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart. 

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her. 

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today I am giving away one KINDLE copy of INSPIRE and one KINDLE copy of WICKED. Comment below and tell me what your favorite paranormal romance is. If you're not a paranormal reader, who is on your "must read" list. 

Note: Winners will be announced on January 6th. 


29 comments:

  1. I love Laura Kaye's North of Need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to pick just one favorite...I can't! LOL I read way too much paranormal romances to pick just one, but my first "love" would have to be vampires and werewolves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vampire series by Lynsay Sands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always so hard to pick just one!! I started reading The True Blood series when it first came out and I have loved reading paranormal ever since ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definetly Vampire Academy. I just love Richell's sence for humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Archers of Avalon series by Chelsea Fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Laura Kaye's Heart of the Anemoi series

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Vampire Academy/Bloodlines series' by Richelle Mead. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big fan of vampires and most shifters. One of my favorites at the moment are the Lord's of the Underworld by Gena Showalter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any paranormal yet but I love watching true life ghost stories on tv. One of my favorite authors is Sara Jane Stone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read a lot of PNR, but both Wicked and Inspire were incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. true blood series :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Either the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout or any Patricia Briggs series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Tradd Street novels by Karen White have a bit of paranormal in them

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward. Thanks for the chance and Happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins. I want my own Kaidan Rowe :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a big paranormal fan but I did enjoy Veiled by Robin Bielman

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my favorites this year was Light My Fire by GA Aiken. Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have read and enjoyed the Significance series.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not a big fan of that genre, I'm more of a historical romance fan!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is *impossible* for me to pick just one. Kresley Cole, JR Ward, Gena Showalter, Larissa Ione, etc. They are some of my favorite authors and I love all of their books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! My email is blueflame_13@hotmail.com :)

      Delete
  22. Experiment in Terror by Karina Halle.

    pjmillion(at)comcast(dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely The Mortal Instruments series!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My email is southern_babe08@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love the paranormal series The Violet Eden Chronicles by Jessica Shirvington. highly highly recommended!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I usually don't read Paranormal. Inspire sounds interesting because I lived in Greece and would love to see what she does with it.
    Jean.White53@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete